i’m only just getting started in fallen london but i already love it(and already developed a honey habit)
meet my agender babe, mech
(i thought the name was only a username so i put in my tumblr url so obviously mechabre is a peseudonym)
I remember their voices
They said - they called me by their name - I need only go up and the priests would take a little. The gratitude in their song! We embraced before I rose. You of cloth and shadow, you enemy, you proud-singer, you led the way. I will poison you with airs.
Commission for durqi, who wanted me to illustrate this quote! Much thanks. It was fun to do!
The most famous woman in Roman history was not a Roman. Cleopatra - that was her name - was queen of Egypt. Then was she an Egyptian? No, she was a Greek. Sounds like a muddle. But let’s try to straighten it out by looking at some facts. These facts are not easy to come by. Yet scarcity of information has not stopped people from creating a great many poems, plays, novels, biographies, and movies about Cleopatra.
Ten Queens, Portraits of Women of Power - Milton Meltzer
people talk about mr eaten on my dash and suddenly i’m compelled to draw him
i don’t have a character bias, i swear
But the zee-beasts like it
Here they come. Undulating towards your boat. Twining like the ribbons of Mutton Island’s maypole.
oh right yeah i do have a fallen london character that is no stranger to Drownie songs, right
y’all should get in on the mutton island stuff! it’s fun! [fishing intensifies]
Welcome. Delicious friend.
—Fallen London in what is possibly the best way to get me interested in a game (via ezzoh)
Death by Water.
Anonymous asked: a meeting of fists which speaks of a greater meeting of minds
We are proud to announce that we have a new sponsor – Fallen London, the browser game which drags you to a dark and mysterious alternate London where nothing is as it seems.
Alexis Kennedy, the Chief Narrative Office of Failbetter Games, the creators of Fallen London says: “The values of The Kitschies are exactly our values – they stand for everything we appreciate and everything we want to promote. Particularly tentacles.”
Fallen London takes place in a Gothic, post-apocalyptic London under, lit by gas-lamps and powered by fermented mushroom juice. The Escapist Awards’ Browser Game of the Year, Fallen London has been praised by the New Yorker as “Far and away the best browser game of today”.
Start exploring at www.fallenlondon.com
More about The Kitschies at www.thekitschies.com
lyannastarlc asked: heyy! i don't mean to be a bother but could you share some, if not all, of your fallen london playlist? thanks a lot btw, i discovered it because of you... and i'm now addicted.
Sure, no bother at all! I no longer remember where I found most of these (some are from Radio Free Neath), but I can at least give you a list. I should really also put these on 8tracks or something, although you can probably find all or most of these on Youtube, if nothing else.
- Katzenjammer, “A Bar In Amsterdam,” “Tea With Cinnamon”
- Blackbird Raum, “Honey in the Hair”
- The Clockwork Dolls, “The Ballad of Black Jack Jezebel”
- The Dark Clan, “Fallen London (New London Gets Newer mix)”
- Dark Dark Dark, “Ferment in D Minor”
- Dead Man’s Bones, “Buried in Water”
- The Debutante Hour, “Your Worldview Gets Me Down”
- DeVotchKa, “Transliterator,” “Basso Profundo,” “Gasoline Serpent,” “Queen of the Surface Streets”
- Diablo Swing Orchestra, “Ballrog Boogie”
- Flogging Molly, “Devil’s Dance Floor”
- Hannah Fury, “Girls That Glitter Love The Dark”
- Jem, “They”
- Jill Tracy, “The Somnambulist Waltz,” “The Fine Art of Poisoning”
- Jo Robbins, “Nightmarket” (my best friend plenilune; actually inspired by Fallen London, Neverwhere, and similar stories)
- The Moulettes, “Devil Of Mine”
- October Project, “After the Fall”
- Sarah Slean, “Parasol”
- Steeleye Span, “Boys of Bedlam”
- The Super Saturated Sugar Strings, “Romaypohe - Live” (my favorite local band)
- Miasma & the Carousel of Headless Horses, “Perilous Fathoms”
- Parov Stelar, “Libella Swing”
- Estradasphere, “Six Hands,” “Smuggled Mutation”
- Gin Wigmore, “Kill of the Night”
- Vermillion Lies, “I Should Fly”
- Dr. Steel, “Lullabye-Bye”
- Dirt Poor Robins, “I Shot A Man”
- Eliza Rickman, “Black Rose”
- Jessica Lowndes & Terrance Zdunich, “In All My Dreams I Drown”
- The Hush Sound, “Hurricane”
- Hurray For The Riff Raff, “Too Much of a Good Thing”